Upgrade from MuseScore 3.x
See All keyboard shortcuts for MuseScore 4. Here are the common ones that have changed or are entirely new:
|Add tied note
|Next Measure (Chord Symbol Entry)
|Previous Measure (Chord Symbol Entry)
|Toggle accidental: flat
|Toggle accidental: natural
|Toggle accidental: sharp
|F2 or Alt+Shift+E
|Insert special characters...
|Jump to next UI pane
|F6 or ` (backtick / grave accent)
|Jump to previous UI pane
|Shift+F6 or Shift+`
|Show / hide selection filter
- What used to be the Inspector in MuseScore 3 is the Properties tab in MuseScore 4.
- The tool to switch between page view and continuous view is now at the bottom right of the MuseScore window.
- Same for the Zoom control.
- Same for the Concert pitch toggle.
- To (temporarily) change the playback speed you now need to undock the Play Panel.
- The "Toggle MIDI" button now is behind the Play Panel's cog wheel.
- Fermata is now in the Breaths & Pauses palette
- Hiding an instrument now mutes it by default. However, you can now hide the individual staves of the instrument, which is more flexible.
- The Text tool is now in the Text Properties, partly 'hidden' behind the __More__ botton.