Scale Workout Builder
Scale Workout Builder is a plugin for MuseScore 3.x for the creation of exercises and workout scores for practising your playing skills and knowledge of scales, improvisation patterns, ...
- Choose workout type between Scale mode or Grid mode,
- Scale mode will repeat defined patterns accros different root notes
- Grid mode will repeat defined patterns accros different chords
- Select the instrument transposition (Concert Pitch, Bb, Bass, ...),
- Define freely up-to 8 patterns of up-to 12 steps each,
- Loop them across the diatonic scale, by triads, ...
- Repeat the patterns over different roots (Scale mode),
- Extract a a grid of chords from a score (Grid mode),
- Export as one of multiple MuseScore scores.
- Define steps duration
Example of generated score
Download and Install
The whole zip content (so the
workoutbuilder\ folder) must be unzipped as such in your plugin folder.
If you had a previous version installed, please delete the previous
workoutbuilder.qml file to avoid conflicts.
Support of MS4.0
MuseScore 4.0 support for plugin is minimal. Many functions are not implemented yet, or have changed.
Therefore, this plugin does not work under MuseScore 4.0.
- Due to limitations in the MuseScore API, the plugin is not able to add the key signature. The user must add it manually. However the plugin will use it in order to choose correctly among flats and sharps when building the patterns.
- Due to limitations in the MuseScore API, the plugin is not able to add the F-clef. The user must add it manually. However, the patterns are transposed accordingly to a F-clef.
- Not working under MuseScore 4.0 for now (not even appearing in MuseScore 4 plugins panel).