Chord Names in Italian
For Italian musicians it would be very very important to have the possibility to write chord names in Italian.
This is how we usually get scores. English names are less used, and creates some difficulties with less experienced musicians.
Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Si
C D E F G A B.
I wish the Italian community is worth this effort.
Writing chord names in Italian now, would create some problems: firstly the software does not understand them and there are difficulties with alterations (#,b do not look fine) and secondly there is no transpose automation.
Anyway, thanks in advance and kind regards,
It's just a work around but if you want b and # to look fine you can press F2 while entering text and click on the sharp or flat.
In reply to It's just a work around but by [DELETED] 5
I have tried to use this workaround and it solves only one part of the issue - the graphical one - and not the transpose.
The problem with F2 is that I do not find a way to change the symbols size/dimensions: they typically comes very small, without any relation with the font size and type selected in the text where they are inserted.
I did not see where to set the size (in style) for symbols. Do you know how to solve this?
Thanks in advance and kind regards,
I know this is an old thread, but I think it's useful to describe what I think is a definitive working solution. There is a setting that determines how to show it. In Format -> Style -> Chord symbols -> Note spelling and you can select "solfeggio" o "french" that both present notes with the names we use in Itlay as you requested.
Note that I input using the standard notation (a, b, c...) that is much simpler to write, and use # and b to set the accidentals but transpositions work as expected in this case.
In older versions, I obtained the same result (and is still working) uploading a special font that had "_it" in it. I guess these solutions are just the same idea and work on the way the note is rendered.
In reply to I know this is an old thread… by sandrodentell
I believe those options were not available back in 2011, must have been MuseScore 0.9x back then