Key Taps?

• Nov 3, 2015 - 01:07

Sometimes, composers want a woodwind to simply tap the keys without blowing any air through the horn to get a percussive effect. How would I notate this, and is their a way to make it sound on playback?


Not sure how you notate it - maybe a note with a cross head?

There is a Key Click sound in the General User GS soundfont Bank 1 Program 121, so, providing you are using MuseScore 2.x, you can install this soundfont as well as the default and scroll down in the mixer to find this sound.

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.