Import of MusicXML file with no drum set info should assume reasonable defaults

• Apr 25, 2015 - 22:29
S5 - Suggestion

I tried to import a piece from Sibelius to Musescore 2.0 and everything was fine until I tried to fix some clef issues. My first trumpet and timpani staffs have percussion clefs and my cymbal and bass drum staffs have bass clefs and they won't change. There were other clef issues that were able to be fixed like a trombone and bassoon with a treble clef. But the previously mentioned 4 won't change. Any help?


Status (old) active needs info

This may really be more a support question than a bug report - it could be that the file simply does not contain the correct information - but we cannot tell until you attach the MusicXML file you are having trouble with.

See #55501: [MusicXML import] crash if midi-instrument is missing from drum set part. This was a known bug, already fixed in the nightly builds, affecting import of drum staves from Sibelius' specifically - it doesn't include all the information in its MusicXML that other programs usually do. So, either install a Nightly build, or wait for 2.0.1 to be released, which should be soon.

Note: because Sibelius does not include the normal information about percussion staves, it won't play back as percussion, nor will the usual drum set special features be available.

Title Importing Issues Import of MusicXML file with no drum set info should assume reasonable defaults
Status (old) needs info active

I'm marking this active to remind us it would be useful to have a better solution for these Sibelius files than we currently do.