Classical guitar hand position symbols

• Feb 9, 2024 - 18:57

Are there any symbols to indicate the right hand position (for a right-handed player) along the neck; so closer to the sound hole vs. closer to the bridge?


Look in the Master palette Symbols section, and search for "hand" . If you don't find it there, then probably you are out of luck.

In reply to by DanielR

As far as I know, there are no specific symbols for this. Nevertheless, it is not uncommon to indicate it with simple text, Italian as often, and borrowed from violin technique, i.e. "sul tasto" for right-hand playing at fingerboard level, and "sul ponticello" (or "sul pont." for short) for playing close to the bridge. See:…, also :

Do you still have an unanswered question? Please log in first to post your question.