Slowing down on a very large project
I am transcribing (because I have no other options) a very large project (over 110 pages, choir, soloists, organ, strings, percussion) from Encore to MuseScore 4. Somewhere after the 20th page, I noticed that the entry of various elements is getting slower, and now, around page 50, it gets annoyingly slow. The slowness is most noticeable when I switch from one input function to another. For example, if I switch from entering notes (using the mouse) to entering dynamics or vice versa. In such a case, the reaction to the mouse click is delayed for a second or more. It gets even more annoying if I'm typing something around the end of the page, so MuseScore automatically jumps to the next page. Encore still works for me on Windows XP and has no such problems, regardless of how long the sheet music is.