Underscore not working for lyrics melisma on AZERTY keyboards
S3 - Major
1) Underscore key for lyrics writing is not working. (ie, nothing happens when pressing the key)
2) Underscore with "Ctrl + underscore" works well
3) I'm using a French AZERTY keyboard
Can you explain what you mean in more detail? Are you trying to create a melisma? Are you pressing the underscore key once for every note you wish to extend it under? PRessing underscore once only won't produce any visible result indeed; a single note isn't a melisma.
In reply to Can you explain what you… by Marc Sabatella
Hi Marc, indeed I'm trying to make a melisma. And no matter how many times, the key isn't triggered. This works perfectly fine in Musescore 3 but not with 4.
Try to redefine the shortcut: Edit/Preferences/Shortcuts
The value must be "melisma"
The default shortcut doesn't seem to work with an AZERTY keyboard.
In reply to Try to redefine the shortcut… by jf.burlot
Excellent I didn't think of that. It worked ! Thanks a lot! Good to know for azerty users
That's a good workaround, but should work out of the box
Probably related to #342373: Hyphen and underscore not working when entering lyrics
I have the similar issue on Japanese JIS QWERTY keyboard, and it is fixed by updating shortcut. Thanks for workaround!
In reply to (No subject) by Jojo-Schmitz
Several issues linked with melisma (using AZERTY keybord, windows 11, French version):
1. the menu of edit/preferences/shortcut definition has no lift.
2. After having put the melisma on the lyrics, I merged the notes : the melisma (underscore) should disappear, but it remains. I could let it disappear only after keying again on the shortcut for melisma. On Musescore 3, it disappeared alone, or disappear when keying again the lyrics with spaces or dash between syllabus.
has no lift?