Muse Sounds Piccolo Playback Early/Late when using Specific Rhythms and Intervals
OS Version: Windows 10
Reproducing this bug:
1. Get Woodwinds Muse Sounds using Muse Hub v188.8.131.524 for Windows (x64)
2. Create new score with a Piccolo in C part.
3. Place 3 notes (see discussion).
4. Click the Play icon on the toolbar.
Expected Behavior: Score playback of piccolo part is in time according to notation.
Actual Behavior: Playback of third note is early/playback of second note is late(?) See Discussion.
Discussion: It seems like there are inconsistent rhythm problems specifically with the new Muse Sounds packs downloaded from the latest version of MuseHub, regarding the piccolo, but I'm not sure if it's a problem with the editor's playback or with the sound pack.
The attached score was created using Muse Sounds. In the fourth beat of measures 37, 39, 45, and 47 of the attached score in the piccolo part, a series of eighth notes followed by an Ab in the next bar is notated. During playback, it seems that either this Ab is being played slightly early or the note before is being played late, creating an unintended swing-like rhythm in the eighth notes. Replicating this sequence of notes in a new score generates the same bug.
After doing some testing, these are some rough guidelines for reproducing this bug:
- The issue seems to occur in MOST but not all rhythms of three successive notes in which:
----- the first and second notes are eighth notes
----- first note pitch <= second note pitch < third note pitch
----- the interval between the second and third notes is larger than a whole step
----- the interval between the first and third notes is less than an octave
- Playback error occurs between second and third notes.
- It does not matter where in the bar this rhythm is placed.
- Rhythm can contain more notes, and incorrect playback can occur multiple times in one sequence of eighth notes, but not on consecutive intervals.
- If the second note is instead marked as a sixteenth note, the playback is correct.
- Staccato playback seems to be correct.
I've tried to find a consistent pattern with little success; varying the pitches seemed to cause random results and the above guidelines are just a guess. In certain cases, it even sounded like an extra grace note was being played on the second note. However, the playback of any given sequence of notes stayed consistent every time.
|OCTOPATH TRAVELER - Main Theme (new sounds).mscz||41.61 KB|
Can confirm this bug happens also with the MuseSound "Alto Sax". I've attached a very short segment of my composition, so you can hear the wrong playback immediately on measure 3.
Ran into this on trombone as well (but it's not happening with alto sax or piccolo (when transposed 2 octaves up)