Linux: Crash on mp3 export
S2 - Critical
When trying to export an mp3 with musescore 4.0-1 (manjaro version) on Linux, this is what I see in the logs:
20:43:15.793 | INFO | 140475688281792 | MuseSamplerWrapper | flushSound: ALL NOTES OFF malloc(): invalid next size (unsorted)  2232217 IOT instruction (core dumped) mscore
The generated file will be 0 bytes.
* Format mp3
* Sample rate 48kk
* 256 kbit/s
4.0, not 4.x-dev (but there's no such version here yet)
$ cat /etc/lsb-release DISTRIB_ID=ManjaroLinux DISTRIB_RELEASE=22.0.0 DISTRIB_CODENAME=Sikaris DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION="Manjaro Linux"
* Logs attached
.log files are not allowed, renamed console output to
* I noticed this error message:
(mscore:2232217): Gtk-WARNING **: 20:43:02.652: Failed to measure available space: The specified location is not supported
I am trying to save to a nextcloud folder, but that should be transparent to the app.
// edit: formating. Found out there is hidden code formating when using backticks. Much easier to read.
|2022-12-20 musescore-crash-audio-export.log_.txt||24.2 KB|
I tried saving a .wav file to a different (local) folder -- same problem.
Please attach your score and precise steps to reproduce the problem
In reply to Please attach your score and… by Marc Sabatella
Not attaching original score b/c of copyright. But it crashes on ANY score.
Steps to reproduce:
* I use Manjaro (rolling release). I use btrfs partitions.
* Install package MuseScore from community
* I also installed muse-hub-bin from aur which extracts the files from the official .deb package
* I symlinked /srv/muse-hub to /home/muse-hub because of space constraints.
* Started MuseScore. Playback anything (any score) with Muse Sounds works fine.
* Click on export and chose any audio format. It will crash.
I can attach the core if you are interested in it.
Hey @Marc Sabatella!
I was able to reproduce it on my other Manjaro Machine which does not need Symlinking from /srv/ to any other folder.
There's only a minor difference. Other difference: Kernel 6.1 instead of 6.0.
The progress meter on my laptop can progress to 4% before it crashes. But there's still a 0 byte audio file written.
Interestingly, the malloc has a slightly different message:
@Marc Sabatella here's the Score file and two dumps from my laptop:
Hope this helps. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.
I can confirm it crashed for me too. So, next step, open an issue on GitHub so the developers can investigate.
GitHub issue: https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/issues/15512