MuseScore gives a "not responding" message when moving the mouse
Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS
1) Launch MuseScore
2) Move mouse
3) Count to about 10 and the message shown in attached file (not-responding-message.jpg) appears.
4) The two options are to "Force quit" and "Wait"
5) If you click "Wait," or you simply wait for 5 seconds the message disappears
6) The message doesn't not return until the mouse is moved again
7) "Force quit" terminates the program
This cycle of presenting the not responding message (2 - 5) continues forever making it impossible to use the software for anything productive.
There is no workaround for this problem.
The above appimage ran fine under a previous Ubuntu install of 20.04 LTS. Two days ago the system was upgraded to 22.04.1 LTS and that's when the not responding message first appeared.