Corruption reported when importing MusicXML with empty elements (e.g. ornaments).
I am trying to import an XML file generated by my own software - I have been using MuseScore as a test xml validator. But in this case, it looks like the issue is with MuseScore. When I import a score that is not pretty-printed (formatted with spaces), I get corruption messages if I include ornaments. It seems to have to do with the empty child element (e.g. mordent). Why I think this issue is with music xml: 1) Simple xml file, inspection it looks OK, 2) if I add spaces around the 'ornament' and 'mordent' element (pretty print), the import is successful. 3) if I remove the ornament, the import is successful.
It could be something with the encoding, but since the XML itself is generated by Chrome I think that's unlikely. (my project is https://aarondavidnewman.github.io/Smoosic/ )
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 220.127.116.118021803, revision: 3224f34
Edit: I changed to output pretty-printed XML, and I don't see the issue. So this seems to be an issue with minimized XML. Also a workaround is to open the file in an editor and save as formatted.