Adding single soundfont instrument. My Process and asking for what I may have missed.
Here is the description of what I did to get the sound of an orchestral "rachet" - Please let me know what I may have skipped or need to do more to be able to hear this in my composition. Thanks! Sora
- Downloaded London Phil free Percussion file into Musescore 3 Folder = Soundfont
- Opened "rachet long" in MS 3 Soundfont Folder. It was an MP3
- Opened the "rachet long" MP3 in Audacity and changed it to a WAVE file and saved in Musescore Soundfont File
- (listened to 2 different tutorials for using Polyphone...not sure I totally get it...but) Opened a new project in Polyphone. Clicked on the symbol sideways S and imported rachet long WAVE. Turned it into a SF2 and saved into the Musescore Soundfont Folder.
- Opened my composition. Opened Synthesizer. Loaded Rachet Long SF2 into FLUID. (It seems to be saved here as it showed up after closing and opening the composition.)
- Opened Mixer. Went to tab for Rachet. THIS IS WHERE I'm not sure what to do. When I unclick Drumset, then I scroll down the SOUND list and there is no Rachet listed to choose from. So I went back, clicked on Drumset and then scrolled down the SOUND list...but I don't know what to choose there. ???
Consequently, I can't get the rachet sound into my composition.
I'd appreciate any suggestions. Thanks so much!
If you want, I can upload my composition...but I'm not sure if that is necessary.