"Loop" flags should update anytime the user changes the selection
Loop behaviors in MuseScore 3.6.2:
The following behaviors occur and make sense:
• When a user enables MuseScore's Loop feature MuseScore initially displays the Loop Start and Loop End flags so they surround the current selection. (Presently, for unknown reasons this requires a range selection.)
• When the user changes the range selection MuseScore loops the new selection.
If these are the intended behaviors (and I HOPE they are!) then MuseScore should update the flags whenever the user changes the selection. Presently the flags will update eventually ... on Play. It would make more sense and be more meaningful if they update once a suitable selection is made.
• I recommend updating the flag positions on Select because they're undated positions would communicate the pending reality—that the current selection will loop (rather than the area still indicated by the flags.)
• It would also make sense to allow the user to drag flags to alter the extent of the loop and have that in force ... until the user makes and other selection or alters the position of another flag.
• Users have expressed confusion due to the current range selection requirement. They expect that clicking a note and Control/Command clicking another note would suffice. So perhaps the Loop feature should not require a range selection.