How to manually install extensions in MuseScore 3.x
Dear all, I have to do an orchestration that deviates from usual and therefore I want to check with the
spectrotone approach. I purchased officially the spectrotone files and then wanted to apply that to the various instruments and parts to see how that analysis would react.
WHAT I DID
In the community I have found the musiced.muxt extension and wanted to install it manually however could not find how to do that. I then manually tried out the following approach:
- in Preferences look at where the Extensions are saved
- go there, create subfolder musiced / 0.12
- in that subfolder unzip the musiced.muxt
Start MuseScore (version 3.6.2, Mac)
in the Help→ Resource Manager only the standard resources are shown but not musiced.
However, if I go to View -→ Workspaces Young Musician and Music Education are listed there.
Additionally, if I choose View -→ Workspaces-→ Young Musician"
and then View -→ Palettes, then the marvellous "Annotation" shows up, with the possibility of marking regions of the score with a specific (yellow marker) colour.
- is the approach I did, the right way of installing extensions ?
- why does the extension not show up in the Help -→ Resources - Extension tab ?
- I need to automatically "mark" with colour specific according to the Spectrotone table, for each instrument in the "basic" or in the "complementary" mode.
I have a full concert to process in this way, and doing it by hand will be very time consuming.
Could this be automated ?
What is the right approach of doing it ?