Melisma lines overlap with staff below after line break
Hi, I think I found a bug in MS 3.6.2:
As already described in the title, long melisma lines that span several bars overlap with the staff below after a system break. They do not seem to be recognized as lyrics text by the automatic placement.
1. Create a system with 2 or more staves;
2. Create melisma line in the top staff over more than 1 bar;
2. insert a system break between the bars with melisma line;
3. Add more system breaks to bars to create a fully filled page.
- put in a staff spacer (meeeh);
- add extra distance to lower staff via staff properties (adds extra space to all systems);
- change minimum distance in styles (same result as above);
- probably some other stuff you can do to work around.
BTW, the new fonts are exiting and look great! I love the enhanced play feature for chord symbols - ideal for songwriters like me! Thanks a lot!
|Screenshot at 2021-02-20 21-48-33.png||41.21 KB|
|Screenshot at 2021-02-20 21-49-28.png||41.33 KB|
Annoys me too and since long, I was sure that this had been reported earlier, but can't find it
Relates to #311175: [EPIC] Engraving issues and suggestions
Thanks, I couldn't find this particular bug, either.
It is related to #280139: Autoplace fails to avoid melisma underscores though, it might be a duplicate of that. The underlying cause most probably is the same.
Oh ... it's 2 years old :) :)
As old as MuseScore 3 and autoplacement
Indeed, the basic fact that melisma lines don't autoplace is the root here. But it's also quite likely that the fact that these can continue across systems will complicate any implementation of a fix, and that initial attempts might well fix the single-system case but fail when continued.
Came up again in https://musescore.org/de/node/334932
Fixed via https://github.com/musescore/MuseScore/pull/14214
Automatically closed -- issue fixed for 2 weeks with no activity.