Problems with downloads
Problem: Downloads from Musescore.org get interrupted.
Downloading version 3.5.2 of Musescore from Musecore.org:
- It took about 4-5 times of restarting the download after the browser (Firefox) said the download failed, before the download finished.
- Workaround: I kept restarting the download in my browser until it finished.
Downloading the Drumline plugin through the Musescore Resource Manager:
- If I use my regular ISP internet connection, the download of the Drumline package gets to about 25-29% and then an error message comes up: "Unable to download, save and verify the package. Check your internet connection." I tried restarting the download 5-6 times, each time the same error message came up at approximately the same place in the download.
- If I use my regular ISP connection and VPN on my computer, the download of the Drumline package gets to about 57-59% and then an error message comes up: "Unable to download, save and verify the package. Check your internet connection." I tried restarting the download 6-7 times with the VPN, each time the same error message came up at approximately the same place in the download.
- Workaround: none found. I was not able to find any way to download the Drumline package except through the Resource Manager.
All my other browsing and downloading today (Oct 19, 2020), both with and without a VPN active, has not had these problems.
Check to see if https://musescore.org/en/node/273939#comment-842584 is still valid. If the link still downloads the MDL extension you should then be able to install it. If it works, check the workaround box that will appear above your response.
Does that still work for MuseScore 3 and MDL 1.3.1?
Edit: apparently not (https://musescore.org/en/node/311884#comment-1034270)
For MuseScore 3.5 try http://extensions.musescore.org/3.5/extensions/mdl.muxt instead
yea i get the same problem and i have my wifi right next to it so i dont know what to do and i downloaded the link.
run MuseScore on the command line "mscore -E mdl.muxt" or open MuseScore and drag and drop the muxt file in it.
Hi, same problem with the hq soundfont extenstion. Is there also a link to it?
See also #314950: Downloading MuseScore_General_HQ extension fails
There are two issues here which I believe should be separated:
a) Download of MuseScore, which no-one else was able to reproduce / could have been fleeting.
b) Download of extensions:
#314950: Downloading MuseScore_General_HQ extension fails and
#315198: Downloading MDL extension fails
Should this issue be kept open or can it be closed as a duplicate of #299263: MuseScore with MDL installed hangs which has the MDL download and install workaround (or another), esp. since this issue logged is so generic.