"Regroup Rhythms" function not grouping correctly for syncopated notes across downbeats
S4 - Minor
Steps to reproduce:
1. Create score with any time signature (example is in 4/4)
2. Set time signature properties to what they are in "time properties.png"
3. Write melody with 8th note that goes from "a" of beat 1 going into downbeat of beat 2, like in measure 13 of "Midnight_Rendezvous.mscz"
4. Click "Tools -> Regroup Rhythms"
5. Musescore will group the tied notes as they appear in "actual.png", not "desired.png" as expected based on time signature properties.
I have reproduced this in the latest nightly build: OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 184.108.40.20638, revision: fceeba5
Form post: https://musescore.org/en/node/300300
|time properties.png||37.66 KB|
This issue appears in MuseScore 4 as well. (MuseScore version (64-bit): 4.0.0-223472200, revision: 5485621)
Are there any workarounds for this?
3 in os still few and the problem got first reported against 3.4
Workaround is to simply enter the rhythm correctly in the first place, or correct any mistakes normally without using "Regroup rhythms".