[New website] Download page
The Download page is overloaded with information and lacks clarity. For anyone scrolling below the three icons representing Windows, Mac, and Linux, what follows looks like a wall of text.
See http://transmissionbt.com/download/ for an example of a much lighter and more discoverable download page.
Specifically, I would suggest the following:
- Generally, mention only the most relevant information.
- Cut down the explanations for Linux distributions. If necessary, move them to a dedicated page.
- Add icons for Linux distribution for easier discovery.
- Offload information on nightly and development builds to a dedicated page and link to it. Perhaps, place it in the "Contribute → Development" section.
- Mention only the most important system requirements. For Windows, I reckon that would be the operating system version, Windows 7. I'd be very surprised if many people were not to meet the very low hardware requirements. For those interested in the detailed system requirements, offload those to a dedicated page and link to it. By the way, for Mac "OS X 10.7" would be adequate, no need to list all the different newer systems just because of the change in the naming scheme.
- Move information on the source to a page in the "Contribute → Development" area and link to it.
- Maybe more…