MXL import sometimes fails
I have done an experiment. I took a (as far as I could see) valid mxl file that is imported correctly by mscore and other software that I use (xml2abc, musicxml2ly, finale)
Then I unzipped the file using the unzip command (Linux Fedora 19, unzip-6.0-10)
# unzip test.mxl
Then I re-created the file using the zip command (Linux Fedora 19, zip-3.0-7)
# zip -r test.mxl META-INF test.xml
After this useless exercise the resulting mxl file is not imported anymore by mscore:
"Unsupported PKZip version. Skipping file.
Segmentatiefout (geheugendump gemaakt)"
But the mxl is still correctly read in my other software.
I also tried another method, using a Python script importing the zipfile or zlib module, to exract and re-create the mxl file. Using this method there are no such problems.
So I guess it might be unzip-6.0 that's causing problems.
Update: or rather I guess it's zip-3.0 that's causing the problems
But I am still reporting this as a bug because Finale, xml2abc, and musicxml2ly can read these files correctly. Only mscore crashes on them.
I will try to attach 2 examples test1.mxl and test2.mxl. test1 is OK, test2 is not OK with mscore.