System barline is shown with "Hide empty staves" (or 'invisible' staves), even if that results in only one (visible) staff and "Barline at start of single staff" is not ticked
S4 - Minor
1. Create new score with two instruments, i.e. Piano + Vocal
2. Enter scores in a following way:
- In first system there are notes only in the first instrument
- In second system there are notes only in the second instrument
3. Go to Style > General... > Score and check: "Hide empty staves"
4. Select first score in the second voice (= second system) and add lirycs (Ctrl + L)
Result: The first bar (next to the clef) in second system dissapeared.
If the problem is already known, I'm sorry for the double (I checked the issue list, but I found nothing).
This is correct. The default (in MuseScore and in published music in general) is to only display initial barlines for systems with more than one staff. If you want to force initial barlines to display even for systems containing only one staff (not the norm in published music) then you can do so by enabling Style / General / Barlines / Barline at start of single staff.
So... the bug is quite opposite then :)
5. After adding the lirycs save and reopen the file
6. Export file to PDF
Result: Barline is present even if "Barline at start of single staff" is not checked.
And this is a regression in 3.x vs. 2.x (in at least 3.5.2 and 3.6.2)
And still an issue in 4.x