Handbook for MuseScore 4
About the Handbook
This handbook is valid for MuseScore version 4.0 and above. If you are using a different version of the program, please consult the appropriate handbook for your version:
This handbook is maintained and translated by the MuseScore community. Contributions and Help with translations are welcome! In case of doubt, please consult the English version of this handbook, or ask for help in the Support Forum.
If you are upgrading from MuseScore 3, you may find the following pages useful:
- Upgrade from MuseScore 3.x (includes a list of keyboard shortcuts that have changed)
- MuseScore 3 features not implemented in MuseScore 4
Exploring the Handbook
Use the chapter links below to explore content in each chapter of the handbook.
To search for information:
- Try browsing the illustrated Glossary for notations you are incapable of naming.
- Open "Full Table of Contents", use "Find in page (Ctrl/Cmd⌘ + F)" function of your web browser, or
- Use this Google search syntax
site:musescore.org your topic, e.g. site:musescore.org tempo, or
- Use the search function as shown on the screenshot below
If you can't find the information you need in the Handbook, please ask for help in the Support Forum.
Download the handbook and create a PDF
Use this link to view a printer-friendly version of the handbook, then use your browser's Print facility to turn that page into a PDF for offline viewing.