Tuplets seem to be main catalyst for scores having corruptions

• Nov 28, 2019 - 15:41
Reported version
S3 - Major
needs info

Try working around with tuplets on two of the scores I have attached. It mainly happens at random, but in every case that I've looked at the corrupted measures in each file, it has been along the tuplets. It might only occur after Musescore crashes, which might be a different problem, but I've had severe problems trying to use triplets because of this problem. It is fixable by deleting the corrupted measures and recreating the measure, but that can be a problem if you don't remember what the measure looked like. This is my first reported bug, so I apologize if I did anything wrong.

Attachment Size
bug test.mscz 27.27 KB
Horn And Trumpet new concept.mscz 38.26 KB


Frequency Once Many
Status needs info active

I agree the main catalyst for corruptions I've seen is the existence of tuplets. The scores you have attached do not have any corruptions reported and I didn't go through and count beats in each measure since these corruptions are normally reported when you open the score. Your Horn and ttrumpet... score has the other common catalyst for corruption, that being parts. These corruptions are often not currently reported by MuseScore but deleting and regenerating parts normally fixes these corruptions.

To reenter a measure, the best way is to insert a measure (select the measure after the corruption and press insert), reenter the measure, then delete the corrupted measure then not remembering what was in it is not longer a problem.

I think this issue should be left open with a major severity (corruption) because I'm not aware of an issue open for this problem. The cause of it is not know, but perhaps someone will track down the problem at some point.