Saving segment positions with MuseScore 3 leads to elements with sx attributes being mostly 0
(I wasn't sure if I should post this here, on in the more general user support forum, but felt like this would probably be the most fitting sub-forum given it's low level / development nature. But feel free to move it somewhere else)
I use MuseScore in command line mode to export .mpos and .spos files with measure and segment positions.
For the .mpos files, both MuseScore 2 and 3 do their work correctly (with a small change in positions, but that's probably not a bug, more a small difference in the rendering).
But for the .spos files, MuseScore 3 outputs elements that have mostly an sx="0" attribute. In fact, I think the only elements that don't have an sx of 0 are rests (but not entirely sure about that).
So there is now no way any longer to know the correct bounding box of the segments.
--> I believe this is a bug, isn't it? Can this be fixed somehow?
I did my tests with MuseScore 2.3.2 and MuseScore 22.214.171.12488, on Windows 10 64-bit latest updates.
These are the commands I used:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MuseScore 2\bin\MuseScore.exe" -o test-ms2.spos test.mscz
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MuseScore 3\bin\MuseScore3.exe" -o test-ms3.spos test.mscz
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MuseScore 2\bin\MuseScore.exe" -o test-ms2.mpos test.mscz
"C:\Program Files (x86)\MuseScore 3\bin\MuseScore3.exe" -o test-ms3.mpos test.mscz
If you look at the test-ms3.spos file, you'll see that sx is 0 for most elements...
I'm attaching the test file + the obtained result files for your convenience and for reproduction purposes
(note that I had to post-fix the names of the .spos and .mpos files with .txt because the forum won't allow me to upload these types of files).