Circumvent Fluidsynth Pitch Adjustment (Play Same Pitch on with Two Different Key Assignments)
OS: Windows 10 (10.0), Arch.: x86_64, MuseScore version (64-bit): 22.214.171.1241459983, revision: 465e7b6
Attachments: (zip file inclusions)
Background: in pipe bands, drummers use the berger uniline system is used to indicate sticking (right above and left below the line) on a uniline staff.
I have previously hacked this for snare drum playback by using two different drums for left and right. Pitch is imprecise so it works fine until I record a better sample to use.
Now, I've made a custom soundfont for pitched tenor drums (used both in bass clef for multi-voice and uniline for solo) and on a uniline staff, I'm trying to circumvent fluidsynth pitch adjustment and make both notes played by both left and right hand to sound the same in playback.
The test file (Scale Tune Test 1.mscz) in the thread below works correctly
with the included soundfile from that thread (Scale Tune Test 1.sf2)
So it is probably not a Fluidsynth issue and something I'm not doing right.
Things I've tried:
- Setting Scale tuning to 0 in instrument and preset (no change)
- Setting root key to 60 and scale tuning to zero (no change)
- Changing the tuning of one of the notes to lower by 1 semi-tone in the soundfont instrument setting (no change)
- Changing the keys that are used for the notes - adjusted in only sount font (no change)
- Changing the keys that are used for the notes - adjusted in sountfont and instruments file (no change)
- Duplicating the sample, lowering pitch on new sample, adding new sample as right hand (key 56). (no change)
- Copying the preset from Scale Tune Test 1.sf2 into my sound file and replacing the sample with my own sample (result: notes sound different when they should sound the same).
My test file is Test_for_left_right_pitch_match.mscz
The PB Solo Tenor custom instrument is the one I'm trying to improve.
PB Tenors (bass staff) is for pitch comparison: the solo tenor should match the A2 pitch on the PB tenors staff. These notes should all play back at the same pitch when I get this working.